Thursday, November 11, 2010

Welcome to 20 Beers in 20 Nights

Posted by: Stonecipher

Nov. 11, 2010

Welcome to 20 Beers in 20 Nights.  I love beer, I love to write and of course, I love to write about beer.  So that is what I will do here at 20 Beers in 20 Nights - review 20 beers on 20 different nights.

To be clear, I will not be doing this in 20 consecutive nights, just 20 random nights over the course of the next few months.  If all goes well, and I am still having fun, I will continue with a new project on the blog here, but I may end up wrapping it all up after I have done my 20 reviews.

Which 20 beers will I be reviewing?  Well, since the Double or Imperial India Pale Ale (DIPA) is currently my favorite style, I will be reviewing the Top 20 most reviewed DIPAs on Beer Advocate.  I am located just outside on Chicago, IL, so most of these beers will be obtainable, but I may need some help from the beer community out there with getting my hands on a couple of them.  I am completely willing to make a trade, or to post a link to your site, whatever.  But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

For those of you too lazy to go sign up at beeradvcate.com and check out the list, here it is:

1.   90 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head
2.   Stone Ruination - Stone Brewing
3.   Bell's Hopslam - Bell's Brewery
4.   Pliny the Elder - Russian River (Will need some help finding this one for sure)
5.   Hop Wallup - Victory
6.   120 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head
7.   Maharaja - Avery Brewing
8.   Dreadnaught IPA - Three Floyds
9.   Hercules Double IPA - Great Divide
10. Hop Stoopid - Lagunitas
11. Burton Baton - Dogfish Head
12. Double Simcoe IPA - Weyerbacher Brewing
13. Maximus - Lagunitas
14. Gordon Ale - Oskar Blues
15. Unearthly - Southern Tier
16. Founders Devil Dancer - Founders
17. YuleSmith (Summer) - AleSmith
18. Double Dog Double Pale Ale - Flying Dog
19. Hopsickle Imperial IPA - Moylan's Brewery
20. Founder's Double Trouble - Founders

So, without further ado, check out Review #1 and please comment.  I would love feedback on the reviews, thoughts on beer and general beer related conversation and humor.  Let's have some fun while I blow off the hundreds of things I should be doing instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment