Friday, July 29, 2011

The Chicago Beer Project

Posted by: Tyler Rippeteau

July 29, 2011

About a month ago I announced that during my last month in Chicago I would be reviewing 20 Chicago Area beers and posting them here.  Well, in retrospect, that was a bit crazy on my part.  Trying to squeeze in extra shifts at work, seeing all the people I wanted to see before moving cross country and all of the business of packing things up left little time for writing.

I still, however, would like to pay homage to my hometown, so I will still be pursuing the Chicago Beer Project, but it will be over a much greater period of time.  I'll sprinkle in Chicago Beer reviews when I can until we get to all 20.  As of this writing, I have notes for 5 or 6 of them, but I'll have to convert those notes into full-fledged reviews.  Expect to see those showing up early next month.

In the meantime, I am working on the details of one more trade to complete The List - I just need to get my hands on a bomber or two of AleSmith's YuleSmith (Summer).  I also plan on recapping the whole experience as I learned a ton about Double IPAs during this project.

For those of you who have been checking back once in a while for updates, I appreciate the patience.  I am currently wandering around Western Colorado (Montrose tonight, Durango tomorrow) before settling into my new home in Boulder in about two weeks.  I will be updating more regularly then.

No comments:

Post a Comment