Monday, January 31, 2011

A Plea for Pliny

Posted by: Tyler Rippeteau

Jan. 31, 2011



My efforts on Beer Advocate to reach a trade agreement with someone in posession of some of Russian River's "Pliny the Elder" (and "Pliny the Younger" for that matter) have come up short.  So, while I will be looking to r/beertrade as well, I thought I would put out a plea for it here on the site as well.  I would prefer to do the trade via BA or Reddit, but I am open to other arrangements as well.  Get in touch if you can help me out on this one.  I have a feeling it is going to be the most difficult of the Top 20 for me to track down, so I'm trying to get on this early in the process.

On a seperate note, even though I have only just begun the process of working through the Top 20 Double IPAs on Beer Advocate, I have some ideas about what the next 20 beers will be, but I want to hear your suggestions as well.  They do not necessarily have to be from Beer Advocate, nor do they necessarily have to have a theme.  The theme could simply be 20 beers that YOU want to see reviewed.  If you have any thoughts or ideas, leave a comment below and we'll go from there.

Finally, be on the look out tonight for my review of Great Divide's "Hercules" Double IPA.  It is currently ranked 10th on the list with 1,183 reviews averaging out to an A-.  So we'll see where I land on the issue.  The beer is currently chilling in the fridge and I'm excited!

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude!
    Thanks for visit my blog Todo por una fría!. I will make a direct link from my blog to yours.
    Thanks also for comment in my beer bloggers unite entrance.
    Bye and cheers!.
    PS: I add a translator in my blog so you can read it in your language.

    ReplyDelete