Friday, February 11, 2011

Big Find in Nashville, Tennessee

Posted by: Stonecipher

Feb. 11, 2011

It's a balmy 39 degrees out...and that is pretty spectacular given that when I left Chicago yesterday it was about 3.  So what is this tropical paradise?  Those of you sharp enough to read the headline have probably already figured out its Nashville, TN.  The woman and I took the weekend off to head south for a bit and we arrived late last night (after a stop at Three Floyds in Munster, IN which will be reviewed later).

Our first stop after checking in to the hotel was the 12 South Taproom.  After reading a dozen or so reviews of various beer bars on Beer Advocate on the way down I had a good feeling about the Taproom...plus they had an excellent beer list that included one of the beers on The List, that is not available in Chicago - I was just hoping they still had a can of it left when I got there.

It turns out that it was not only a great choice, but they also had a can of Oskar Blues' Gordon Knight Ale.  Actually, it has recently been renamed G'Knight Ale for legal reasons, which I hope to explore here at 20 Beers in 20 Nights sometime soon.

Anyway, we'll get to the review sometime very soon.  For now, I just wanted to post something and let you know to keep checking back for the next update.  I'm very excited to have tracked down a can of Gordon Ale without having to do a trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment